- We no longer auto-add you to the World Defense channel if all 10 of your chat channel slots are taken.
- Puresource drops from level 25-29 rift encounters for players level 35+ were one tier too low. Fixed!
- Middle Mouse button, Mouse Button 4, and Mouse Button 3 keybinds should function again when the mouse cursor is over UI elements.
- Soulrender Zilas: Fixed the movement speed of Zilas’ beam.
- Rune King Molinar: Runic Draining no longer continues to tick after hitting its target location.
- Rune King Molinar: Dramatically reduced the raid-wide damage portion of Cursed Blows.
- Prince Dollin: Rend Life and Terminate Life were interacting poorly with abilities that reduce incoming damage by a percentage. This has been fixed and Rend Life and Terminate Life now consistently deal the intended damage.
- Prince Dollin: Forked Blast no longer appears to hit NPCs and pets (it never actually hit them, but the visual effect would make it look like it did).
Continue reading Rift 1.4 Hotfix 2 Patch Notes – 5th August, 2011
- The Guild Bank no longer eats split item stacks and should be re-enabled after this update.
- Waves of Madness Phase 5 quest items no longer clutter up players’ inventory after the quests have been auto-completed.
- Fixed the Waves of Madness event items on the World Event merchant appearing locked from purchase.
- Hammerknell: Fixed a potential crash issue during the Murdantix encounter.
- An issue with Burning Powerstones has been resolved and these should be re-enabled after this update.
- PvP: Marks of Retribution can now be purchased from all merchants that sell rank set gear in Meridian and Sanctum.
- Cleaned up some edge cases where several Water Saga quests could become stuck and keep players from progressing.
Continue reading Rift 1.4 Hotfix 1 Patch Notes – 3rd August, 2011
60s Moonbase (Available at 10 AM PST.)
What a groovy place to watch the stars. This 60s deco moon base is the best place to give your hero a head start on rockin’ the galaxy. The stylings of this hideout are truly ace!!
Tech Basement (Available at 10 AM PST.)
The mainframe upgrade to your basement is complete. This hideout includes the T-E-C-H Markil enhancements you requested. The gravimetric weapon storage and mainframe interface should give you the edge you need with fighting crime.
Continue reading Champions Online Patch Notes – 3rd August, 2011
- A new type of Rift – PvP Rifts – can now be opened at Raid Tear locations with a special Ascended Power. See below under PvP Rifts for details.
- The first Alternate Warfront, for Whitefall Steppes, will now appear on weekends and grant double awards when active!
- The Looking for Group tool goes cross-shard with the other shards in your wargroup; look below under CROSS-SHARD LOOKING FOR GROUP for more info.
- A new epic questline for higher level characters solo or in small groups is now available: The Water Saga!
- The new 10-person Sliver, Drowned Halls, makes an appearance in Scarwood Reach. See below under DROWNED HALLS – NEW SLIVER.
- The quest journal system has some shiny new updates; see QUEST SYSTEM below for specifics.
- Many, many more improvements below!
PVP RIFTS – NEW
- The armies of the Ascended can now open special PvP rifts at Rift Raid locations. Opening these rifts secures sourcestone for your faction, but also leaves you open to attack from enemies! Keep the rift open as long as you can to gain the most rewards – or close your enemy’s rift for additional bonuses!
- See Girdoom in Meridian and Templar Zin in Sanctum to obtain the Ascended Powers needed to open these new Rifts, purchased with Favor (Lure of the Unseen and Lure of the Eye).
- PvP Rifts can be opened at Raid Tears in Shimmersand, Iron Pine Peak, and Stillmoor. Only one per zone can be opened at any time, for a total of three active PvP Rifts at a time.
- Contribution to objectives or to PvP activity in the region of the opened Rifts triggers rewards.
- PvP Rift activity will be broadcast in the new World Defense chat channel.
Continue reading Rift 1.4 Patch Notes – 3rd August, 2011
- Hammerknell: Painstalker Mongrel’s Unleashed buff now only lasts 30 seconds.
- Fixed NPCs resetting aggro when their current target becomes friendly to them [like from a mind control].
- If you have an item equipped that you no longer qualify to use (like having higher level Planar Essences in a source machine on a lower level character), that item will be unequipped and put in your bags if there is room, or otherwise mailed to you.
- Potential client crash fix.
- Updated Charmer’s Caldera population to address a farming issue.
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
Temple of Rallos Zek: Foundations of Stone [Challenge]
- Challenge Mode Statue of Rallos Zek no longer has a Knockback effect associated with his Titanic Swipe AOE.
Tallon’s Stronghold x4 raid
- The tallonite banners of protection that spawn during the Tyrax Terrolus fight now have less health.
Continue reading Everquest 2 Patch Notes – 2nd August, 2011
- Matron Zamira: Players affected by Mark of Oblivion and Host of Oblivion will no longer become snared when the effect expires; these abilities can no longer be cleansed.
- Murdantix: Fixed a case where sometimes Murdantix would not cast Demonic Tar.
- Sicaron: Will now properly cast Moldering Decay more often than every 60 seconds or so.
- Splash of Vengeance: Reduced objective count.
- Increased the amount of reward chests that spawn during A Splash of Vengeance, Legendary Libations, and Time to Serve.
- The reward chests can now be looted by anyone and everyone, until they disappear. Grab that loot!
- Ocean Friends: Increased population of quest targets. They will also no longer flee forever.
- If you cancel a logout by moving your character, we will no longer prevent you from ever logging out. EVER!
- Potential fix for adds in Raid encounters sometimes not despawning on a reset.
- PvE queue wait times have been significantly reduced. Players waiting for other players to join the MON or LEM crisis queues will now have a 2.5 minute wait time.
- PvE queues will no longer wait until a previous queue is complete before starting a new one.
- Nemesis Confrontation should now populate correctly when players load into the map. The open mission will also initialize correctly.
- All chat channels should be functioning properly again.
- By the way, Hammerknell is open with the start of Phase 5 of the Waves of Madness event on 7/27/11.
- Soulrender Zilas: Fixed his reset so he won’t continue to cast while out of combat.
- Matron Zamira: Fixed a bug causing Foul Gestation to provide less damage increase than desired.
- King Molinar and Prince Dollin encounter issue fixed so these bosses can be re-enabled after this update.
- Wargroups have been re-configured with this downtime and you may see some new faces in your Warfronts!
- Assault Enchantments: this skill now has no attribute.
- Forked Arrow: this skill now has no attribute.
- Hexbreaker Aria: this skill now has no attribute.
- Lift Enchantment: this skill now has no attribute.
- Mirror of Disenchantment: this skill now has no attribute.
- Mirror of Disenchantment (PvP): this skill now has no attribute.
- Song of Concentration: this skill now has no attribute.
Continue reading Guild Wars Patch Notes – 28th July, 2011